Inventory, in general, will be a crucial factor to starting up a business. I'm anticipating a large amount of online orders, which means keeping them in an organized fashion can only benefit what I'm trying to do. If a customer has a problem or complaint, I can instantly inquire within the database and pull up their unique customer record.
The online database has its distinct advantages over the standard mom-and-pop file cabinet system. Given that I'm already an unorganized person, the massive amounts of paperwork would take up precious office space and make the work day even more difficult. Plus, orders are more easily lost, damaged or stolen, which is simply not an option.
A more current and practical use of the database could come with the advent of the new health care bill. Running a small business, I'll be responsible for all my employee's insurance. I can keep this in a separate thread in the person's individual file, separate from all of their work-related information in order to comply with government standards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment