Something I forgot to blog about a few weeks ago was choosing an operating system for my company. For practicality purposes we have basically two options, Macintosh or Windows. Given the fact that my company will weigh heavily on a sleek Web design, right away my mind tells me to lean toward a Mac instead of a PC.
At the newspaper I currently work for, all text editing is done on PCs and all design editing is done on Macs, which I have to admit, can handle a lot of abuse -- more than I'd originally thought. However, some tech bloggers I've read also suggest that a Mac costs a little more, and with such a low ceiling for start-up cash, that might have to come into consideration.
What it all comes down to is effectiveness comparing to cost. I'm in a hybrid business of journalism, design and printing. When reading the text and learning about the strengths of each, it's pretty clear that a Mac is the right choice for now despite a slightly higher cost. The Snow Leopard system Prof. Rubin showed in class and in the CNET video looks like it can handle what I'm looking for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment